Friday, April 12, 2013

Post Photography


The Post Capture Chapter was something I know a lot about because I do a lot of post shooting editing. I was taught from the beginning to shoot for perfection best as possible in camera so you wouldn't have to manipulate the image at hand. I believe this is true because with photography you want to shoot a image as close to perfect as possible almost eliminating the need to edit because if you shoot correct in camera you won't have to waste hours fixing your mistakes. 

I personally always shoot raw because you can control and manipulate everything in the huge uncompressed file where if you were shooting as a jpeg the editing of such images is very limited. After importing I generally convert to Jpeg unless Im planning to print in which case I convert to .TIFF which is best for printing.

Manipulation of exposures and Messing with hues and saturations can make any image interesting in post editing. Experiment with what you like and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment