Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weeks 3 and 4 Readings

I found all the reading this past 2 weeks to be interesting especially when it came to the nature photography magazine article, which further then explained how you are supposed to write a effective critique and the posters responsibility of posting work and being able to accept criticism whether it be good or bad. This was interesting to me because a lot of the time in my experience in the college setting people tend to be to nice rather then be critical because they don't want to hurt someones feelings.

 The Critique form was a good reading as well because I feel that I as a photographer and a learner will not be able to criticize my self so id rather someone else criticize my work and give me good feedback on what I as a photographer can do to strengthen my skills. Sometimes when reading about the image and what the photographer / artist has to say can really decide how much thought went into shooting a image... with me it is hard to write about my photography because my creative process is more commercial rather than fine art and for my to express emotion towards an image when I really dont feel anything because 90% of my photography is technical, with numbers and angels, instead of emotional. I guess in a way I dont shoot something to convey a message... I shoot it because it looks nice or I want to show someone else how nice it looks.

The reading in the chapter again I thought was similar to last weeks working with framing an image. This weeks reading has alot to do with the rule of thirds and how the overall composition of the photograph is. It also goes into detail about what kind of lens to use and what angles to shoots from to overall strengthen the shot. Shooting from above or below can significantly change the point of view with the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment